Old 01-09-2006, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin[_1_] Martin[_1_] is offline

Default Ideas Please For Garden. Link to pics

I cleared an area of my garden and whenever I do this as regular as
clockwork when the soil became dry sparrows dive-bomb from the adjacent
fence for their evening dustbath at precisely 6.00pm leaving the inevitable
craters.

In the old days the empty area was used for vegetables or left to nature. I
would like to know if there is something (like grass ?) I could put down
which would only grow to a low height and perhaps most importantly easily
pulled up if I wanted to try something new.

A couple of pics of the area concerned can be seen at
http://tinyurl.com/hf37y

Thanks.