Old 01-09-2006, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Ideas Please For Garden. Link to pics

Martin wrote:
I cleared an area of my garden and whenever I do this as regular as
clockwork when the soil became dry sparrows dive-bomb from the adjacent
fence for their evening dustbath at precisely 6.00pm leaving the inevitable
craters.
In the old days the empty area was used for vegetables or left to nature. I
would like to know if there is something (like grass ?) I could put down
which would only grow to a low height and perhaps most importantly easily
pulled up if I wanted to try something new.
A couple of pics of the area concerned can be seen at
http://tinyurl.com/hf37y

Two ideas - A tree - an apple perhaps? Your garden needs height for a
strong structure and for the eye to find something. Second would be a
lovely key hole bed, with herbs, flowers and vegs - the design is easy,
it will let you walk into the area without disturbing anything, you
won't have to cultivate the whole area either and it could be taken
down (or pulled up) easily.

My first choice would be a tree, a bench, a small table and seeing you
underneath reading )