Old 01-09-2006, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Ipomoea

Morning Glories.

I planted a few this year using a method I read about in the paper in early
June, which was to soak them in warm water for a few hours, then plant two
in each small pot with compost, then pick out the weakling. The resultant
plants have grown up poles to a height of four feet or so but refuse to
flower.

When I was in Spain last week there was a magnificent display of them just
rambling all over the top of a wall, not climbing or anything. Hundreds of
the superb blue flowers I was looking forward to.

Any ideas on why they don't flower? I used two different packets of seeds
from two different suppliers, different varieties too, but no flowers on
either. I suspect I should put them in earlier without soaking, but the
article indicated that they should flower either way.