Old 01-09-2006, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Ipomoea

On 1/9/06 12:00, in article , "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:

snip
Yes, but the pots are those degradable ones made of cardboardy stuff, and
they in turn are in the ground. They're outdoors, growing up a wooden frame.
I think you're right, planting them earlier rather than forcing might be the
solution. Ah well, next year!

We have Ipomoea growing over an arch in the garden and I think Ray popped
them out there about two months ago or so - I'll check that. But he started
them off in a greenhouse and they're now flowering madly in a west-facing
border which gets a lot of sun. I do think 'a lot of sun' is part of the
key to these doing well in this country.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk