Old 01-09-2006, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default Composting Dog Waste

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from "Ian Robinson" contains these words:

Question - Is it safe to compost dog waste? If I do this will it have any
negative effect on plants I feed with it? Many thanks for any
information on
'clearing up a sticky subject'!

It won't have any negative effects on plants but most people prefer
not to compost it because dog and cat intestinal worm eggs may survive
the process, and those can be a human health hazard. Just dig a hole
and bury it.

Don't you treat your dog/cat regularly for worms? Or perhaps there are
some worms that are untreatable? But then - what would I know?
--
June Hughes