Old 01-09-2006, 10:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] eatwelbwel@aol.com is offline

Default Getting rid of Lily of the Valley

I have an approx. 12' x 12' bed in front of my house that gets totally
taken over by Lily of the Valley in the spring/summer. I also have
blulbs in spring, a rose bush, a hydrangea, and several autumn joy
sedum in that bed. I want to be able to see the mulch and plant other
flowers there...but the LotV totally take over. My question is: how do
I get rid of them but not damage/destroy the other plants that I want
to keep? I'm in Zone 6 if that matters and the LofV start appearing in
early spring.

Thanks!
Sandra in PA