Old 02-09-2006, 02:21 AM posted to rec.gardens
CHEX CHEX is offline

Default Getting rid of Lily of the Valley

I have been fighting the Lily of the Valley for two years. The first year I
tried to remove the Lily of the Valley and leave the other plantings. Did
not work. This year I dug out what I wanted to save and put them elsewhere
and went at the Lily of the Valley with a vengeance digging up every root I
could. Now I have put the planting back. I am very sure that some LoV will
be back next spring, but hopefully so little that I will be able to get them
out. I have thrown all I have dug out "over the banking" and I am sure they
will grow there so I will still have them to bring in for their lovely
smell.

chex