Old 02-09-2006, 09:20 AM posted to aus.gardens
Linda H Linda H is offline

Default Pruning mint

ant wrote:

Dunno. Some are armour-plated, and their front looks like the back, sort of
blunt at both ends.

Sounds like the Stumpy Tail, ant (Trachydosaurus rugosus.) I din't know
that scientific name tho' - Googled it.

We've had a couple of Tiger snakes hanging 'round last summer, too.

I really wanted to put some sort of rock creek bed-like pond thing in
this year (I like that we have wild ducks coming daily and thought
they'd love it) but people have been telling me it will attract the
snakes. I don't mind that so much coz they're around anyway and I
figure at least I'll know where they're more likely to be. I just worry
our dogs will also be attracted to it and stumble upon one.

L.