Old 02-09-2006, 12:09 PM posted to aus.gardens
Geoff & Heather Geoff & Heather is offline

Default Aphids on my roses, time to wage war

Every now and then Aphids produce a generation of winged creature to help
spread their population around.. They also have some funny reproductive
processes, including females being born pregnant !! There's an interesting
article in Wikipedia on them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphid

Geoff

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"John Savage" wrote in message

But I reckon aphids probably have their own little
legs to propel them around. I will investigate this question more

closely!

The rose aphid goes by the Latin name of "Macrosiphum rosae" if you
want to google it.