Old 02-09-2006, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default Composting Dog Waste

"Janet Baraclough" wrote
The message
from June Hughes contains these
words:

snip
I understand from various friends in other parts of the
country that their town councils are now only going to empty all bins
once every two weeks instead of the usual once a week. This is
already happening in Wymondham in Norfolk and is apparently becoming
the thing with many other councils throughout the land (Andover,
Hampshire has, I believe, just changed over from weekly to
fortnightly collections).

Surely they mean, fortnightly collections of alternate bins (
recyclables bin one week, general rubbish bin the next). That's what
we're getting

Incidentally, the Wymondham bins might be among the microchipped ones
being weighed that have recently hit the headlines, as they come under
South Norfolk DC who are trialling that system I believe.

I'm in an adjoining area but waste collection is pretty much the same
afaik (except the colour of the bins is reversed, just to confuse
everyone) and yes it's alternate weeks for recyclable and 'normal' waste
bins. Anyone who can't deal with composting also has the option to have
a third bin for garden refuse which is collected fortnightly at a small
extra charge.

--
Sue