Old 03-09-2006, 02:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

Default Tomatoe questions

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the
Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote in message
Here it is September, and most of my tomatoes are still green. The cherry
toms are just now starting to ripen, the rest are big and green. Is this
normal?

Secondly, my toms are still blooming. The blossoms being produced today
will probably not live long enough to ripen before the frost, should I
clip the branches that are blooming so that the plant puts strength into
existing fruit? Or just leave it alone?

Any idea where you live? That would be useful information.

Heh - I keep forgetting that, sorry :P. I live in Lebanon, Oregon, 97355.
About 25 miles SSE from Salem, Oregon. In the middle of the Willamette
Valley.