Old 03-09-2006, 12:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
danny danny is offline

Default Very high-intensity flourescent lights

I bloom quite a bit under normal fluorescent shop lights. I wanted the more
intense T5 fixture so I could have a taller space for blooming out the
slippers and other stuff with tall spikes. HID lights can also suck for
blooming stuff like phals, the flower arrangement comes out awful. I guess
putting two HID lights on one of the circular light movers might correct
that problem, I have one on a linear track and it helps a little but they
still come out better under fluorescents.
-danny