Old 03-09-2006, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Late potatoes, newbie beginner question

Tim W wrote:
I hear you can plant late potatoes even now and be harvesting for xmas.

Qu 1 Is this true (for me in mild Somerset planting in a sunny bed)?

Qu 2 Do I need to buy the right kind of seed potato (because I have some
already sprouting in the back of the larder)?

Tim W

A little late I am afraid, if you can buy them fine, most companies stop
selling late July early August. They are potatoes specially kept in
cold store. So the answer to 1 and 2 is both yes, if you can find a
supplier. Try Google, but I left mine a bit late this year and had
trouble finding a source and they have now ceased selling them.