Old 03-09-2006, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Mike is offline

Default Winter is iccumen in

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

Oh, yes, there are regulations - and laws and bylaws and rules and

guidelines
and misinformation and ignorance and more regulations ....

The executive summary is that you are certainly allowed to do that, but
may well be told that you aren't, and may have to take the water company
to court to prove that you are. But God alone knows exactly which of the
zillion aforesaid hindrances will force you to jump through hoops that
make no sense at all.

I have a posting somewhere where a USA science laboratory were building
a vacuum room and had to fill in a safety assessment form. Vacuum was
classed as an asphyxiating gas (not unreasonably), but the application
was rejected becaue they hadn't answered questions loke the following:

When the gas has been vented to the atmosphere, what procedures do
you follow to ensure that there are no pockets of gas left in the
room?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

When my first factory was built, the water company sent me a water rates
bill.

This was a starter factory and no water. Sent the bill back "no water"

You have rain water falling on your roof. Water returned to the marshes
alongside from where the land had been reclaimed. Sent the bill back

You have toilet facilities. Still owned by the landlord who charges the
units a rent and provides cleaning, toilet paper, soap and towels. Send the
bill back

By this stage, as a Member of the Chamber of Commerce and on one of the
Chamber's Committees, I had the Local Council, the Enterprise Agency AND the
local MP following progress and having a damned good laugh at the stupid
idiots in the Water company.

18 Starter Units eventually had their water bills scrapped :-)))

Mike

:-)))
--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk