Old 03-09-2006, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
patrick j patrick j is offline

Default OT Help!

On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 10:43:12 +0100, Charlie wrote
(in article .com):

Having problems with access via my lineone servers. Can anyone suggest
a cheap/free provider for newsgroups access I just want it through to
my mail reader as normal (am doing this message via google)

Others have mentioned News.Individual.Net and I will add to the list of
people who think this is a good service.

I've been using it for a few weeks now and so far it has been
excellent.

There are no binaries but at 10¤ per annum it is very cheap indeed.

You write that you wish to use "mail reader as normal". I see you are
using Outlook Express and iirc, that mail client incorporates a
news-reader but I haven't used it in years. I think that all you need
to do is sign up with News.Individual.Net, then change the usenet
settings in Outlook Express to suit.

News.Individual.Net have a web-site:

http://news.individual.net/
--