Old 03-09-2006, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(in Normandy\) David \(in Normandy\) is offline

Default Winter is iccumen in

18 Starter Units eventually had their water bills scrapped :-)))

Mike

My father has a smallholding with a field adjacent to the road. Severn Trent
water authority decided to bill him for water run-off from his field into
the road drain.
Since the field is around 2 feet lower than the adjacent road, he sent the
bill back asking how long water had been running up hill - and could he bill
them instead for the water that ran off the road into his field. He never
got a reply.

He also tells me the tale about a visiting insurance salesman who advised
him to take out flooding cover for his house - there had been a spate of
properties flooded on the news at the time causing untold damage - my father
suggested the insurance man look out of the window - his property was at the
top of a valley and to even get its floor wet from a flood, an entire
village at the bottom of the valley would need to be entirely submerged
deeper than the top of the church spire! The insurance salesman somewhat
shamefacedly said "I take your point".
--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk