Old 03-09-2006, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rhiannon Macfie Miller Rhiannon Macfie Miller is offline

Default Naubergines

Bob Hobden wrote:
In the ground we have never been able to get a good crop, the plants

just
seem to take too long to mature and flower, perhaps if they were got

going
very early in a heated greenhouse and planted against a S. facing wall

(sun
trap) and constantly watered (drip or seep) and fed they might do well

( I
suspect they like a damp atmosphere too).

I'm currently growing them in an unheated greenhouse from sowing in pots
in early April. The plants are about four feet tall. Lots of fruits
have set and we plan to eat the first one tonight.

Rhiannon