Old 03-09-2006, 08:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
Powerless Agronomist Powerless Agronomist is offline

Default Can anyone identify this?

"Daisy" wrote in message
news

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could identify a plant for me. You can see
it at the following link:

http://tinyurl.com/p33o4

It was seen in a perennial bed on the coast of Maine (zone 5, I think)
yesterday. It looks tropical, but wasn't in a container, so must be
pretty hardy.

Thanks!

--
Daisy

I can't see leaf well, but looks like Datura stramonium, extremelly
poisonous. In the past used for poisoning someone who is "****ing upstream
of Your creek". Many people died of using it during somekind rituals. The
flower smells seductive.. The seed is used for that, and also used in
official farmacolgy to make some medicaments. Poison in small doses is a
cure.