Old 03-09-2006, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
clarissa clarissa is offline

Default Anemone de Caen? shade

Hi I am new to this newsgroup but have been gardening for 30 years (at this
house 25) - although still very much an amateur. I live outside Vancouver
BC which has a climate very similar to southern England. Most of my yard is
in various degrees of shade -- and since I hanker after the beautiful blooms
of A. coronaria (the bulb packet I bought just said Anemone de Caen but my
books call these A. coronaria) I am wondering if anyone has successfully
grown them in the shade. I get different suggestions depending on who I ask
or what book I consult. I could not find these bulbs referred to in your
FAQ. Thanks for any help Jean