Old 03-09-2006, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Someone Here Someone Here is offline

Default Late potatoes, newbie beginner question

"Tim W" wrote in message
I hear you can plant late potatoes even now and be harvesting for xmas.

Qu 1 Is this true (for me in mild Somerset planting in a sunny bed)?

Qu 2 Do I need to buy the right kind of seed potato (because I have

some
already sprouting in the back of the larder)?

Tim W

1) Yes

2) Sort of. You can use the ones you have sprouting. Commercially seed
potato are kept in a chiller and brought out late so they get confused over
what time of year it is.
Try planting them in a container and keep it warm with fleece or a
greenhouse.

Dave