Old 03-09-2006, 10:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ether Jones Ether Jones is offline

Default riding mower leaking gasoline

Ron Hardin wrote:
Ron Hardin wrote:
for about an hour and a half and then started missing, and hasn't run right
since.

Incidentally, if anybody knows if there's a mixture control on a Briggs
and Stratton 4 hp push lawnmower engine, if you start taking things off,
let me know. I think it can be fixed by leaning out the mixture, as it
runs great when it's just about out of gas. I see no signs of an adjusting
screw.

If you were to bend the lever on the float so as to lower the gasoline
level in the bowl, would that make the jets run a bit leaner?

I have a vague recollection of doing that back in the '70s on a
motorcycle engine carb.