Old 20-03-2003, 12:08 PM
Dwayne

Default ?? OH my LADY BUGS!

Stay with the lady bugs if you can, but put a teaspoon of honey in a cup,
and add 2 teaspoons of water. Mix it up and put some of it on a cotton
ball. Then lay the cotton ball in the pot with the plant. This will give
lady bugs additional food and will help keep them near the plant.

Dwayne

"bunnie" wrote in message
r.com...
I am new so show mercy on me as I am not familiar with how formal this
newsgroup may or may not be! :-)

I am very new to gardening/planting. I have several new indoor house

plants
& I have way to many reference books!

My situation is this:
I have some adorable little hen & chicks mix & a few days after potting

them
they seemed to burst open & multiply. Wonderful! Except I began to notice
teeny tiny little black "things" moving inside the inner most crown.

Horror!
My 14 year old son said to put some lady bugs on them. I did. I put 3. One
of the lady bugs has stayed for 3 days. The other two abandoned me. First
,did we do the right thing? Next WHAT are the teeny tiny little black
things? And finally why did the other lady bugs leave & will they return?
Any kind suggestions will be gladly appreciated.

ps. the lady bugs are from our home.
Thanks kindly.
Sandra