Old 03-09-2006, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Phlox Paniculata Question

On 3/9/06 23:22, in article
ws.net, "Sue"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
"Sue" wrote:
Was the one you saw at a pub nearby? Perhaps the landlord/lady might
be willing to let you have a piece of theirs if you asked them; it's
worth a try.

You and Janet made me think of the old GQT joke about "when do you
take cuttings?" to which the answer was "when the owner's not
looking"! ;-)

:-)

MInd you, some folk aren't content with the odd sneaky cutting. Someone
told me when they held an open gardens day along with several others in
their village, they had whole plants go missing!

That's pretty horrifying. We know that happens occasionally here to things
in pots but to snitch entire plants from a garden is really awful.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk