Old 04-09-2006, 07:08 AM posted to uk.sci.weather,uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Bloody foxes

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message

I have the damned things digging in my garden. Short of shooting

them
what can I do?

Any hope of fencing them out so they can't get intot he garden to
begin with?

I have thought of covering the flower beds with netting but don't

know
what type to use.

Chicken netting would work but if you wanted to grow perennial
floswers it'd be a nuisance, OK for shrubs though as you could cut a
shrub sized hole and then once the planting is done jsut cover all of
the wire with a mulch.

And so would barbed wire.

Too dangerous for gardening humans.

Road mattress (or whatever it is called -a fence lattice of

something
like 4 inch squares used to reinforce roads)

I'd call that reo (short for reinforcing). Yes, it'd work but if the
groudn isn't comletely flat then you'd ahve problems shaping it.
Chicken wire or bird wire would be easier on uneven ground and you'd
only need good pliers to cut it with. For reo, you'd need to use an
angle grinder or a hacksaw to cut planting holes