Old 04-09-2006, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Colin Brook Colin Brook is offline

Default Naubergines

In article , Nick Maclaren
writes
Can anyone grow these things outside and, if so where and how? They
seem to hate any temperature below 25 Celcius, or even the slightest
lack of water. I am really not into mollycoddling adult plants.

This year out outside aubergines have grown really well - they're
against a south facing wall and have had a lot of water and weekly
tomato feed. About 6 to 8 full size from each plant with another 3 or 4
on each now.

Excellent deep fried and, because we cut four for the annual show on
Saturday we made moussaka with our own aubergines.

I don't think they'll do without mollycoddling though.

Regards, Colin
--
Colin Brook - Winchester (UK)

Tel:+44(0)1962-714030 Fax:+44(0)8701641293 Mobile:07976258703