Old 04-09-2006, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default just aquired a new allotment

, I, Marvo, say :

Uncle Marvo wrote:
Glyphosate?

There's arguments with this as well. Chemical free soil is the only
way
o)

I'd heard that Glyphosate is naughty, but it was recommended to me by a chap
who does loads of voluntary work for the NT, and he is a Dr of some clever
stuff to do with biology, so I assumed he would be a good source of fact. It
is systemic so only affects the plants through their ingesting (wrong word,
I know) it through the leaves, and it causes proper death of the plant so
destroys the roots, AIUI. The other alternative, I guess, is a rotavator or
good old fashioned hard work :-)

I would be really grateful for some details on the arguments before I start
my genocidal activities (hopefully this afternoon). A chap named
copyright.upsidedownquestionmark.copyright in this froup did say not to use
it, but then he was just a rude ignorant american, so I duly took no notice.

I listen to all arguments, until I realise that I'm listening to someone who
knows less than me.