Old 04-09-2006, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Naubergines

Robert wrote:
We have grown them on the plot this year, first time of trying. There are
long purple ones and fat rounded ones. What do we do with them is what I
would like to know

You made me so hungry ) We eat them constantly in the summer - cut
and saute (slow and for a long time) along with peppers, courgettes,
oignons and tomatoes and you've got your Ratatouille. I make a lot and
use it over 2/3 days - reheated is absolutely heaven, even with a fried
egg. Do you make lasagna? Then instead of the pasta, use sliced
aubergines: salt them first to remove excess water and use like you
would the layer of pasta. Roasted - easy, with peppers and whole cloves
of garlic; bit of spice, some chillie if you're man enough. Just
fantastic.

www.rraa.moonfruit.com

Lovely lotty. What did you do at Chelsea?