Old 04-09-2006, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default Apple tree recommendations?

Sacha wrote:
On 4/9/06 13:53, in article
, "Cat(h)"
wrote:

I would like to plant a couple of apple trees in the garden. I already
have a lovely crab-apple, planted two years ago, which is doing well -
though the flowers dropped this spring/early summer, so no fruit.

I would like good eating apples, crunchy, sweet and with a nice tangy
bite in them. The obvious one is Cox Pippin, but I am wondering if
anyone has any idea of other good varieties, preferably old British
Isle varieties?

This place has very many of the oldest known types of apples, pears, plums
etc. and has a good reputation:
http://www.thornhayes-nursery.co.uk/
--

Wow! 26 pages of apple varieties!!! What more can a girl want?

Thanks Sacha!

Cat(h)
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk