Old 04-09-2006, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_2_] Robert[_2_] is offline

Default Naubergines

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...
:
: Robert wrote:
: We have grown them on the plot this year, first time of trying. There
are
: long purple ones and fat rounded ones. What do we do with them is what I
: would like to know
:
: You made me so hungry ) We eat them constantly in the summer - cut
: and saute (slow and for a long time) along with peppers, courgettes,
: oignons and tomatoes and you've got your Ratatouille. I make a lot and
: use it over 2/3 days - reheated is absolutely heaven, even with a fried
: egg. Do you make lasagna? Then instead of the pasta, use sliced
: aubergines: salt them first to remove excess water and use like you
: would the layer of pasta. Roasted - easy, with peppers and whole cloves
: of garlic; bit of spice, some chillie if you're man enough. Just
: fantastic.
:
: www.rraa.moonfruit.com
:
: Lovely lotty. What did you do at Chelsea?

Thanks, yes I love chilli and anything hot so will give it a try. It was
Luke, our secretary who is the Chelsea fan. He is 17 and has been for two
years now. He's just today, started studying horticulture at the Duchy
College in Camborne so we expect great things of him. The photos are a mix
of the different plots at Rowdens, unfortunately nobody has the time to go
through and label them all. Thanks again