Old 04-09-2006, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Heptacodium miconoides or Seven-son Flower

On 4/9/06 18:21, in article , "Stewart Robert
Hinsley" wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes

snip

You mean you saw it flowering yourself? What did you think of it, overall?

I found it rather nondescript, when not flowering, tho' I haven't seen
it all seasons of the year. It doesn't have much flower power either -
compared to Rhododendron or Prunus or Hydrangea or Lavatera or Cytisus
or ...

Perhaps a plant for someone with a taste for subtlety, or perhaps I've
been unlikely with the timing of my visits.

I'm going to look forward to seeing what we think of this once it flowers
here. I'll try to remember to take photographs. Now, I think we bought it
at Hampton Court but who we got it from does NOT come back to me. Perhaps
in time.....!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk