Old 04-09-2006, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
EagleEyes EagleEyes is offline

Default Apple tree recommendations?

Go for something different. Try a Malus domestica Borkh cv Bravo de
Esmolfe. It is a typical Portuguese apple cultivar classified as
Protected Designation and Origin. In other words, it corresponds to a
traditional product produced under strict conditions and labelled with
a specific law protected designation.

http://www.idrha.min-agricultura.pt/...ges/II-328.jpg

My opinion might be biased but I love this apple. I planted one and
hope to get fruits next year...

If you are planting several apple trees, try different ones... Let me
know if you want me to get you the exact botanical reference from mine.

PA