Old 04-09-2006, 07:03 PM posted to uk.sci.weather,uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Bookworm Bookworm is offline

Default Bloody foxes

Weatherlawyer wrote:
Weatherlawyer wrote:
I have the damned things digging in my garden. Short of shooting them
what can I do?

I have thought of covering the flower beds with netting but don't know
what type to use. Road bed mattress would allow the plants to grow
through. And so would barbed wire.

Any suggestions?

It's not even my garden I am guerrilla-ing it. I have something like a
tenth of a mile to look after so it could get expensive.

Road mattress (or whatever it is called -a fence lattice of something
like 4 inch squares used to reinforce roads) would just lay on or in
the soil and last a few years -long enough to establish thorny bushes.
Barbed wire would have to be supported off the ground.

Removing either for working on them could be a problem.

Hmm...

Posted to UK.sci.weather after a glitch with Google and posting limits,
forced me to sign out then back in with the gmail account. Something
tells me that some programmer at Google isn't up to scratch.

Which is more than I can say for my bloody foxes.

Sorry about that -too.

Used to be able to buy stuff called 'Renardine'. Bloody foul smell. I
dont know what it did to the foxes but it ****ed me off. Probably
banned now like lots of useful chemicals.