Old 04-09-2006, 07:45 PM posted to uk.sci.weather,uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Bloody foxes

Andrew Mawson wrote:

When they were digging up my lawn, eventually in desperation I put an
electric fenc round it. Worked a treat and got them out of the habit.

BTW the local councils advice was that they are 'only' after worms in
the lawn, so 'all' you have to do is get rid of the worms. When I
pointed out that we actually need the worms they were a little
suprised. To think we actually PAY for these people by way of rates!

It's a council flat I live in and the council method of taking care of
the garden was ample supplies of weedkiller around thge edges. This
went on for years and was quite successful except for the docks and
brambles.

I took it over this winter and built up the soil to somethng
approaching useful. I want to get into the soil again over the next few
yearsso the wire must be removable and replacable. I thought three or
four strands in 6 foot hurdles supported above the soil somehow or just
getting that road bed stuff and cutting it into 6 ft by 2 foot pieces
and laying it on the soil.

There are plenty of foxes locally and although I wouldn't dream of
hurting them, seeing the damage they can do to a bed is distressing.
There is nothing I can do about there access.

My problem is they are throwing the soil into the grass and I can't
rake it back without puttting weeds back with it. There is very little
soil to start with and quite frankly I would hurt the bloody things if
I could teach them a lesson like that.

A catapault with corn or something maybe. But they come at night and
they are a lot more sneaky than I.