Old 04-09-2006, 08:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray[_1_] Ray[_1_] is offline

Default Very high-intensity flourescent lights

LED's are basically worthless if you're trying to generate heat. They are
designed to be "cold light".

I'd bet your friend has small "rope lights" on incandescent bulbs, not
LED's.

"Reka" wrote in message
Reka wrote:
Jack wrote:

One of the other tricks that he was telling me about was putting diode
lights, like the plastic rope lights, in the plants, you can put them
very close and wrap a plants that need more light in them because they
produce little heat. Plus the put light to the underside of the leaf.

This is interesting because a friend of mine who has marble windowsills
in a cold room uses the rope lights under the plants to keep their feet
warm. Hmmm...

I doubt they produce enough light. The LEDs for plant use are very
expensive fixtures.

J. Del Col

I didn't say she needed them for light. I said she needed them for heat.

Reka