Old 05-09-2006, 06:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Reka Reka is offline

Default Very high-intensity flourescent lights

wrote:
Reka wrote:
Ray wrote:
LED's are basically worthless if you're trying to generate heat. They are
designed to be "cold light".

I'd bet your friend has small "rope lights" on incandescent bulbs, not
LED's.

Do you know of a link to show me the difference, Ray?

Think of miniature Christmas tree lights. Those are incandescent. They
get hot because they have a white-hot tungsten filament.

Now think of the little glowing status lights on your computer. Those
are LEDs
LEDs are solid state devices. They put out very little heat. A string
of single LEDs would be useless for either light -or- heat.

J. Del Col

I know the difference between LED and incandescent. I was wondering if
Ray had seen pictures of LED rope lights and incandescent rope lights.

Reka