Old 04-09-2006, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John Edyvane John Edyvane is offline

Default Cross between leek and garlic?

Chris Hogg wrote:
On 3 Sep 2006 21:06:28 -0700, wrote:

OT

If you suffer from leg cramps one of the offenders that bring them on
is eating any of the alliums. There is no "cure" as far as I know
though temprory relief is obtained by stretching or relaxing the
tendons concerned.

You can search for such techniques online but I am not sure where. I
get them at night if I stretch in my sleep. That's the night over as
far as sleep goes.

I've heard that for some people, increasing potassium intake can cure
cramps, although I wouldn't guarantee it. Eat bananas, or use one of
those low-sodium salt alternatives, usually a mix of sodium and
potassium chlorides.

Cutting down on meat helps too.