Old 04-09-2006, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Tree near house

Pete Lodd wrote:

Hi All

I planted a tree 18 months ago, which is growing rather fast and giving us
the shelter we want. However it is only 3-4 feet (an oversight) away from
the side of our house. Do you think it is a concern for the foundation of
the house in the long term? I think it is wild flowing cheery.

Most house insurance companies these days are asking quite
pointed questions about how near any trees are, with some rather
conservative limits.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK