Old 05-09-2006, 10:28 AM
Weng Weng is offline
Registered User

Location: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy G.
Do you all think it is too late in the season to move them to more
light? The temps have moderated somewhat into the mid 80's during the
day, down into the upper 50's to 60's F at night.
N.
Many orchids in the wild get more light in Winter because the trees overhead shed their leaves. But as it is cooler, their leaves can tolerate more light without burning. So give them more light all year round.

I recall a talk by Eric Christenson in which he describes the phrags he saw in full sun. Whilst I wouldn't go that far with cultivated phrags, mine get more light than my cattleyas. The leaves should be an apple green.

Weng