Old 05-09-2006, 04:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default NWF Certification. . .grr. . . .

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Sparky Organic" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ther eis only one legitimate definition of Master Gardener. You're
sounding very trollish, and I don't feel you are asking a serious
question, so I'm not going to play this game.

Trollish? I'm asking you valid questions. You say you are a master gardener.
I know that some organization bestows that title. NGA, maybe? It doesn't
matter, though. I want to know why you sought to have the title. My question
is directly related to your original post.

It's a certification granted by the state agricultural extension service
after the gardener completes some course work and community service (and
pays a fee, of course.) I'm pretty sure it varies from state to state.
A Master Gardener is recognized by the state as being qualified to
give gardening advice (answering calls referred from the county agent's
office, etc.)

Best regards,
Bob