Old 05-09-2006, 07:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Deer repellant?

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 08:08:08 -0700, tenplay wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"tenplay" wrote in message
. ..
Deer often come into our yard and munch on some of the garden plants. What
can we do to prevent this? A neighbor said that human urine diluted and
sprinkled near the plants the deer like to eat would work. Is it true?
Are there any alternative repellants? Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

Are you trying to protect vegetables, ornamentals, or both?

I'm trying to protect annuals and perennials, not vegetables.
Appreciate all the helpful responses.

Seek out one of the thousands of deer proof or resistant plants deer
will not eat. Deer prefer forbs, so putting ornamental grasses to
good use, etc.