Old 05-09-2006, 07:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Nancy G. Nancy G. is offline

Default Very high-intensity flourescent lights

jtill wrote:
LED rope light is listed as 1/2 Watt/ft and Inc. rope ligh is listed as
5.5 Watts/ft.

www.centsibleholidaylighting.com/

http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/pr...CategoryID=130

Joe T
Lit up in Baytown

Darn, my recollector is broken. I thought the LED's were farther apart
on the rope and less expensive. Maybe they were an older model or on
special clearance after Christmas when I researched them before. Seems
like they were preassembled in various lengths, now I don't remember.
While the price was still fairly high it was ball park with other light
sources that took more energy and produced more heat.

I need to keep some of my nuthatch research for future reference. That
way I would have links for supplies and calculations for power and
estimated light output. I threw out my scratch paper and didn't save
the links. You'd think I'd learn.

That's the story of my life. Make expensive modifications to a $5
cabinet because it would look neat in our old house and T. would
approve of the decor. I definately would not qualify as the brightest
light in the rope.