Old 05-09-2006, 07:24 AM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Pruning mint

"HC" wrote in message
Well I'm afraid I spoil the Bluey's who live on my garden

too....they
soon found they could go through the laundry into the garage and

then
into the house where they would wander at their own pace until they
found me. One day I was sitting here at my computer and had this
feeling someone was watching me, so I stopped typing and looked out

the
window....no one there!! Went back to what I was doing and the

feeling
returned....another peer out the window and still nothing. Then

finally
I decided to wheel my chair a little further and look in the other
direction when all of a sudden the wheel came against something on

the
floor and when I looked down here were two bluey's at my feet

looking up
as if to say 'we are here Mum, where's our tucker?' Very smartly I
fitted a screen door between the garage and dining room but for the

next
two weeks they used to sit there all day....the piles of dung as
evidence. That year they cost me a new freezer as they wintered

near
the warm motor in the garage.

These days they wait outside the doors but still hang around waiting

for
tidbits.

Bronwyn ;-)

Now I can also empathise with that! In the house where my husband
used to feed the big bloke, we had one which would come and lie in
front of the slow combustion stove. Used to scare the crap out of me
as I'd come into the kitchen and see something scuttle on the floor
out of the corner of my eye. To this day I still have no idea where
he hid when he wasn't basking by the fire.

It always worried me that if a Bluie could find his way in then it
would be so much easier for a snake to do so given that they only need
a hole the size of a thumb.