Old 05-09-2006, 04:25 PM posted to austin.gardening
deepeddygirl deepeddygirl is offline

Default Fall / winter vegetable garden

Mike Harris wrote:

Anyone have any suggestions on what y'all plant this month?

I like chard, beets and the brassicas, but my Loving Bride does not.
Lettuce is about the only cool weather crop that I plant that she enjoys so
I'm wanting to diversify.
--
Mike Harris
Austin, TX

Going by the Travis County Extension calendar, I'm planting snap beans,
parsley, snap peas, and snow peas. I just got the potatoes in the
ground - a bit after 9/1, but it's been so damn hot, I put it off. I did
plant some cucs last month and they are finally coming up.