Old 05-09-2006, 05:08 PM posted to austin.gardening
Mike Harris[_1_] Mike Harris[_1_] is offline

Default Fall / winter vegetable garden

"deepeddygirl" wrote in message
OIC - sorry about that! Not really, I'm getting my first garden in after a
15-year hiatus. I have had good success with seeds purchased at Emerald
Garden (290West) and the plants purchased at Natural Gardener. It would
have been perfect if I had been able to get my hands on a banana pepper,
but oh well - there is always next year.

Instead of seed packets, what's wrong with, y'know, an actual banana pepper?
G As far as I know they aren't commonly hybridized so you should have
good luck with that.

I grow serranos year-round in pots, bringing them inside to a sunny
windowsill for the winter. They aren't nearly as prolific in the colder
months but at least I can get my fresh chile fix.
--
Mike Harris
Austin, TX