Old 05-09-2006, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default confused about greenhouse heaters

On 5/9/06 10:26, in article , "michael adams"
wrote:

"Easynews" wrote in message
. ..

Apologies if this is a recurring post and I haven't looked through past
posts properly.
I am trying to decide which electric heater to buy for a fairly big
greenhouse

snip

What are you intending to grow overwinter in an 18 x 10 greenhouse
that you need to heat it to 8 to 10 degrees ?

I'm asking that question because most people work the other
way around. They decide on what they're going to use the
greenhouse for over winter, on the basis of how much its going
to cost them in heating terms.

Have you actually worked that out?

And if it's any help to the OP, we grow Agaves and the like but keep the
tunnels and greenhouses just frost-free. Nothing is forced so in the end,
the plants are stronger and don't die of shock when moved to a new home!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk