Old 06-09-2006, 04:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jim Marrs Jim Marrs is offline

Default Tomato Rotoation Time Frame

Count your blessings. You are both lucky and blessed. You didn't say were
you live but for the majority of us tomato growers we have continual
problems with blight and other diseases.

Have fun

JEM

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
"William L. Rose" wrote:

-snip-
On the other hand, being bestowed with a profound ignorance of growing
tomatoes, I have grown tomatoes in the same spot in amended clay soil,
for eight years and I can't discern any difference in vigor, or fruit.
- Bill

And though I would prefer to rotate to lower risk of diseases, I have
very limited space that gets enough sun. So my amended sandy soil
has had tomatoes in roughly the same spot for 20 yrs.

I plant only disease resistant plants & haven't had any wilt, fungus,
or critter problems. [this year I stole some lawn far from the
'garden' to plant some Brandywines-- If I like them I'll probably
keep planting them there until trouble shows up-- then I'll find
another 8x8 spot.

We're blessed with hard winters here & that might mitigate some things
somewhat. Or maybe I'm just lucky.

Jim