Old 06-09-2006, 12:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson Susan Erickson is offline

Default Phrag. light and culture?

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 18:20:14 -0400, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Full disclosu I do not have any Phrags. However, a friend who does *very*
well with them does a double pot deal. She grows them in clay, and places
the clay pot inside another, larger clay pot, surrounding the inner pot with
damp spaghnum moss. It's sure working for her! As far as light, she gives
them brighter than Phal but less than Catt light. She fertilizes everything
the same way, including the Phrags. (475 plants, all ferted by hand with a
hose.)

I've been threatening to get one. Now I will do it.

Diana

We grow them all in semi-hydro. Some of ours are bigger faster than
Chuck Ackers says his get. We have bloomed seedlings from him before
he did. Semi-hydro gives the Phrag the water it wants access to.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids