Old 06-09-2006, 07:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Bloody foxes

On 5/9/06 23:57, in article
, "Weatherlawyer"
wrote:

gardenlen wrote:
g'day ©¿©,

makes it easier to spread it around where you want it, and much more
convenient than having to run around outsied each time you wish to
pee. plus a bit much to expect the ladies to go run around the garden.

I also use it on my vege' gardens

It? Urine?

Bloody hell! And some people think I am wierd!

I want a flower garden not a council privvy. If I want to smell foxes
and drunks I can go to any fly tip. I have been badly bitten by gnats
as it is. I don't want any worse rashes.

Thanks for nothing.

I don't understand what you mean by 'nothing'. What people are trying to
demonstrate to you is that you are having to mark your territory. That's
how animals do it and we are animals. It might work with foxes, it might
not but it's not going to give you typhoid to try!
Remedies against depredations by deer include using human hair draped on
e.g. rose bushes to which they are especially partial. There are many weird
things out there that people will try if their gardens are being trashed.
Urine is also used by a lot of people as a compost activator, BTW.
I've never had a lawn dug up by foxes but it seems to be for a short season
only, from what others have said, so perhaps you can learn to live with it
for that time?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk