Old 20-03-2003, 05:20 PM
Warren

Default Weeds Between Roses

lid wrote:

Perhaps the picture I have of Tom Engel's problem is different, but I
can't quite agree with your suggestion. If the weeds beneath his roses
are so difficult to reach and he can't just pull them up by the roots,
wouldn't it be just as difficult (and potentially more hazerdous) to
attempt paint them with a paintbrush soaked in Round UP?

What I see is that he can reach in to touch the weed, but pulling it
takes a bit of tension. When the weed either rips in half, or the root
comes most of the way out, suddenly his hand springs upwards, and into
the thorns. On the other hand, he just might be able to reach in with a
paintbrush, and paint the leaves of the weeds without putting his hand
in danger.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.