Old 06-09-2006, 10:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
Starlord Starlord is offline

Default Cannas in Kentucky?

I grow canna out in the High Mojave Desert and while some years I have bad
luck with them, there are many times I grow canna from seeds. My Thai
Princess canna grows true from seeds and last year I was able to grow some
of it's seeds to help me recover that canna from the bad winter of 04. This
year because of the early hot heat, I did not plant any of it's seeds, I've
even lost some young rhizomes because of the shearing baking we got hit with
in July.

This year my main trouble for both my canna and my iris has been the hords
of gophers from the open fields beyond my garden area.(100ft x 200ft)

In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden

"Jangchub" wrote in message
Actually, I said to dig them up leaving the soil on the rhizomes and
put them into a bushel basket.